Translate

Wednesday 2 April 2014

B For Books!!

Now, wasn't that just too predictable?! Yes, I guessed so! But I cannot really help it, for if I choose any other topic, it will be unfair to "Books".

I have always heard people talk about books, and how they have been passionate about reading ever since they could probably read! When I was a child, I never understood how people could read so much.
Now, when the bee has finally stung me, I regret those days, those years that are gone by, when I did not read and wasted time sitting in front of the idiot box watching things which now seem so useless. Had I started back in those days, I could have completed reading so many books, which I am dying to complete now.
But as they say- Better late than Never. I have now felt the love for reading, felt the joy of finishing one book only to jump at the next book waiting on the bookshelf and wish to continue loving books in this manner.

There is so much that a book can offer. When you read and feel the words , you are transported to a different place, a place created by the author. In that reading time, you forget about your worldly worries. The characters get under your skin and you breathe with them, live with them, as long as the story continues, you stay with them, experiencing all the emotions that they feel.
Nothing in the world can create such an impact. And thus it is rightly said
-A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic.
With every book that I finish, I feel a strange satisfaction, and a stronge urge to pick up another book. I don't know if its the same for all you readers out there, but I think it is. However, I wish to know from you guys if you feel the same way as I do. Please feel free to leave a comment down below with your views and opinion.



With love
V_RinkiD_V

12 comments:

  1. Keep reading and writing! c( )
    Regards

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful.. my thoughts exactly.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have others who share the same ideas :)

      Delete
  3. I feel a bit of sadness as I finish a book. I've been reading so many suspenses/mysteries lately, though, that I find myself getting excited about getting to the end to find out what the payoff is. Then I finish and I miss the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stephanie. I understand what you are saying. I also feel a certain amount of sadness when the story comes to an end. Like the recent book I read Safe Haven, I wished it would have continued a little more :)

      Delete
  4. I do not remember when I learned how to read; I was so young. I've shared an avid, life-long passion for reading that has poured over into writing, although I have taken it up late in life! Much good wishes to you on your journey as you read and discover the many surprises that await you! I hope you are having fun, doing this challenge! Mary, aka Viola Fury @ViolaFury in Twitter, http://www.homelesschroniclesintampa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Viola, I will check you blog :) Will surely keep in touch through blogging :)

      Delete
  5. I used B for books, too! It's a writer thing. My entire family is obsessed with reading and we all read books, not computers. My daughter reads a book a day--she's our record setter. I usually have three or four scattered about the house that I pick up when I have time. Books ARE magical! Their words take me away from my problems, and these days that is quite a challenge! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darla , I must say your daughter is talented to read so fast :) I am a fairly slow reader but I am getting there. With work and studies (which is not literature related) my time gets distributed, leaving me with little time to read. Still I am trying to make most of my new found passion.

      Delete